Father Son Campout
Come on out to Alford Lake from June 1st-3rd for this great opportunity for dads (or uncles or grandfathers) and sons to enjoy each other and the outdoors. We hope to see you there!
For: The Men, The Young Men, and the Boys (Grandfathers & Uncles welcome)
When: June 1-3, 2018
Location: Alford Lake Conservation Education Centre (near Caroline, AB). Click here for Map and here for Google Maps.
Activities: Campfires, hiking, rifle range, skeet shooting, archery, safety orientation, sleeping in cabins, preparing meals, eating and spending time together.
Cost: $75/person (this includes activity supplies, accommodations and meals on Saturday & Sunday).
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. If you would still like to register, please contact the church office at [email protected] or 780.466.7461.
Please consider bringing along a young man or boy that does not have a dad that is actively involved in his life.
For more information contact: Dave Stork (780.417.3455) or Jud Stade ([email protected])
Example of the Schedule:
- Arrive anytime between 7-9pm
- Cabins will be assigned at time of arrival. Please let us know early your preferences for roommates.
- Supper: Hot Dog Potluck. Bring hot dogs or snacks to share around the campfire. Condiments will be supplied.
- Camp introduction and rules
- 7:30am Prayer for the day (everyone is invited)
- 8:00 - 9:00am Breakfast
- 9:00 - 10:00am Gun range and archery safety orientation
- 10:00 - 11:30am 1st activity (eg. skeet shooting)
- 12:00 - 1:00pm Lunch
- 1:00 - 2:30pm 2nd activity (eg. rifles)
- 2:30 - 4:00pm 3rd activity (eg. range archery)
- 4:00 - 5:30pm 4th activity (eg. lake hike / supper prep)
- 6:00 - 7:00pm Supper
- 7:00 - 8:00pm 5th activity (eg. 3D archery)
- 8:00 - 9:00pm Group activity
- Evening - Free time/campfire around 9:30pm
- 8:00 - 9:00am Breakfast
- 9:00 - 10:00am Cabin clean up
- 10:00 - 11:30am Worship service, prayer & blessing time
- 11:30 - 12:30pm End of camp clean-up duties
Items to Bring:
- LAWN CHAIRS for around the campfire
- Friday night supper. Please bring hot dogs or snacks to share around the campfire. Condiments will be supplied.
- Coffee/hot chocolate mug (to wash & reuse)
- Water bottle
- Sleeping bag and pillow (cabins have heat)
- Toiletries, towel—flush toilets and showers are available
- Flashlight, camera
- Hot dogs, marshmallows, roasting sticks, evening snacks
- Warm coat, gloves, rain jacket, rubber boots, sturdy footwear, hat, touque, extra socks, sandals or indoor shoes (events go rain or shine).
- Plastic bag for laundry
- Sun screen, bug repellent
- Soccer balls, footballs, Frisbees, fishing gear (license required for those 16 and older), books, games, etc.
- Life jackets for small kids (there are large life jackets available)
- Bikes (be sure to obey the camp biking rules)
*Alcohol is not permitted.
Contact number during the camp: Wes Janke (780.222.8804)